In the groove for tyre efficiency
"ATS Euromaster has always managed our tyres to the highest of standards. Its tyre husbandry expertise and commitment to following Michelin's Four Lives package ensures that the tyres it fits across our fleet perform to their absolute maximum potential.
Their technical team outlines specific tyres and pressures for our various vehicle and trailer configurations, making sure that they complement each application. As our fleet continues to expand following acquisitions, this is more important than ever.
Furthermore, we have consistently achieved a regroove rate of over 60 per cent at our main sites for the last six years, which is twice the national average. This brings direct benefits as it increases longevity when the tyre is in its most fuel-efficient state, which in turn has a positive impact on fuel economy.
It also clearly demonstrates the effectiveness of our tyre policy and the attention to detail we receive from ATS Euromaster."
Andy Price, Engineering Services Manager
In 1919 Archibald John Gregory started the business which is today known as Gregory Distribution by hauling coal with a horse and cart in Devon.
Today, the company has migrated beyond the South West and is serving major blue-chip customers from its 17 sites as far afield as Scotland and West Cornwall. The successful development of this family business has seen the company's annual turnover grow to in excess of £100 million.
As Gregory Distribution's business has grown, so has its fleet. The company runs approximately 500 trucks and 850 trailers clocking up an impressive 40 million miles a year. This places a significant demand on its tyres, particularly given the large percentage of work undertaken in the dairy sector where certain vehicles must negotiate farm tracks on a daily basis.
To support this substantial heavy truck fleet Gregory Distribution needs the 24/7 support of a service provider which can offer:
- A national infrastructure
- High quality brand fitment to ensure maximum reliability and safety
- Commitment to professional tyre husbandry
- Tyre regrooving and remoulding to minimise environmental impact
- Monthly tyre safety inspections to monitor tyre performance
ATS Euromaster's Approach
ATS Euromaster has been the sole supplier of tyres to Gregory Distribution since the early 1990s and signed a new three year contract in early 2010.
Central to the agreement is a commitment from ATS Euromaster to guarantee every single tyre in the fleet performs to its maximum potential, ensuring Gregory Distribution benefits from the greatest longevity, reliability and on-road performance.
The agreement is also designed to remain flexible, enabling ATS Euromaster to adapt to the size and shape of the fleet. This enabled the seamless addition of 80 vehicles in July 2009 when Gregory Distribution acquired Kay Transport, together with a further 110 trailers when it formed a joint venture company with Hayton Coulthard Transport in February 2010.
ATS Euromaster's Solution
Gregory Distribution follows a 100 per cent Michelin tyre policy, with all tyres supplied, fitted and serviced by technicians from ATS Euromaster. The full tyre policy includes:
- Two ATS Euromaster technicians working full-time across three of the customer’s largest sites - supported by a national network of specialist truck centres and mobile service vans
- A commitment to maximising tyre life - the resident technicians have consistently achieved a regroove rate of over 60 per cent since 2004 across the distribution fleet
- Rapid response roadside assistance - 24/7Euromaster Fleet Inspector - routine tyre safety checks to proactively identify service work to help prolong tyre life and ensure compliance
- Euromaster Web Reporter - comprehensive online analysis of tyre history and spend to enable detailed trend monitoring
- Professional account management and customer service support