Jenson Button refused to dwell on another disappointing weekend for McClaren at the Monaco Grand Prix, instead turning his attention ahead to the next race in Canada.
The former world champion was forced to retire after 70 laps on Sunday (May 27th), as a disappointing showing in qualifying left the Brit virtually out of contention from the start.
Button has now dropped to seventh in the world championship standings with a total of 45 points putting him 21 behind current leader Fernando Alonso, in what is shaping up to be the most competitive season in recent memory.
And despite suffering yet another setback in his pursuit of a second world championship crown, the 32-year-old driver remained philosophical about his team and their continued efforts.
"We're learning," he told Sporting Life.
"There are things we think will help us work the tyres, if they work or not, make a difference, we don't know, but we have to be positive and think they will.
Button was also relishing the prospect of returning to the track in Canada, where Button finished first last year.
"I have great memories of Canada last year, so I have to remain confident I will put behind me the last three races and get some good points," he said.
Want to purchase some reliable new tyres today? ATS Euromaster could be the perfect fit.
Posted by Danielle Barge