Michelin Construction & Earthmover Tyres at ATS Euromaster
As the world leader in Earthmover tyres, Michelin is constantly looking to improve products and services with performance and safety at the heart of Michelin's commitment to customers.
For the Earthmover segment, there are now seven industrial sites dedicated to the manufacture of Earthmover and Industrial Truck tyres to help customers increase their productivity.
The Importance of Tyre Composition
The construction of a tyre is key to its performance and using Radial Tyres can represent a real competitive advantage for transport and working machines in the earthmover industry.
A unique structure with numerous advantages
The MICHELIN radial Earthmover tyre combines metal (or fabric plies), extending radially from one bead to the other (the casing) with a belt made up of several steel plies designed to reinforce the crown of the tyre. The sidewalls and crown work independently which:
- Minimises the deformation of the contact patch and the weight of the tyre
- Improves adhesion and traction while slowing down the wear rate
- Increases the load capacity thanks to the metal casing which can withstand higher inflation pressures and also provides greater comfort
- No compromise on stability
- Better resistance to damage and punctures
Tyre performance levels that transform machine performance
- Michelin invented the radial design and is an expert in this field
- Radial tyres significantly improve the productivity of earthmover machines
- The radial technology offers the best compromise between the following factors: load, speed, operational efficiency of the machines, tyre service life, operator safety, etc.
Do better with less
From the choice of raw materials to the recovery of tyre products at the end of their service life, all Michelin products are designed with a constant concern for safeguarding the environment at every stage in their life cycle.
Because Michelin Earthmover tyres are 5 to 10% lighter than other Earthmover tyres, they use less energy in the production process and consume fewer materials.
Using a radial Earthmover tyre also improves fuel economy, promotes more regular tread wear and reduces the environmental footprint.
Popular Michelin Earthmover Patterns
For Loaders: XSNOPLUS, XTLA, XLD SERIE 65, XHA2, XTXL, XMINE D2, XLD D2
For Rigid Dump Trucks <70T load capacity: X-HAUL, XDT B, XHD1, X-QUARRY, X-TRACTION
For Rigid Dump Trucks >70T load capacity: XDM, XDT, X-TRACTION, XDR2 S, X-TRACTION S, XDR, XDR2, XDR250
For Articulated Dump Trucks: XADN+, XAD 65, X SUPER-TERRAIN+
For Graders: XNOPLUS, XTLA, XGLA2, XHA2, XLD 65 SERIE, XLD D2
For Cranes: XSNOPLUS, XGC, X-CRANE+
For Large Wheel Loaders: XLD D1, XLD D2, XMINE D2 LC, XMINE D2 SR, XMINE D2 HR, XMINE D2
For Underground Mines: XKA, XTXL, XZM, XLD D2, XMINE D2, XKD1 A, XSM D2+