Homologated tyres are those that have been approved directly via a manufacturer. These tyres are ones that have met the standards and regulatory requirements of the manufacturer.
The energy lost when a tyre is in motion is known as 'rolling resistance'. This has a direct impact on fuel consumption.
A tyre's rolling resistance score ranges from A to G. Over the life of the tyre, fitting an A rated tyre could save you up to 6 litres of fuel when compared to a G rated tyre.
A tyre's wet grip capacity is expressed in Grades from A to G.
The difference in braking distances between each grade is roughly 3m - an average car length. This makes average stopping distance between an A and G rated tyre 18m. That's 4 car lengths.
The exterior noise grade of a tyre is expressed in decibels - accompanied by one, two or three sound waves, with one wave being the best noise level performance.
To achieve the best grade, a tyre’s noise level must be at least 3dB under the legal limit set by the EU.
The Avon Ranger A-T is an all terrain 4x4 tyre great for both on-road and off-road use.
Features and Benefits:
- First-class wet weather road holding
- Strong traction in off-road conditions
- Comfortable ride quality and good tyre life
- Some sizes will also fit 4x4 pick-up trucks
- Available with white outline lettering on the sidewall
- Bold tread pattern resists clogging and easily 'self-cleans'
- Siping for increased wet-weather performance and enhanced off-road traction