Homologated tyres are those that have been approved directly via a manufacturer. These tyres are ones that have met the standards and regulatory requirements of the manufacturer.
The energy lost when a tyre is in motion is known as 'rolling resistance'. This has a direct impact on fuel consumption.
A tyre's rolling resistance score ranges from A to G. Over the life of the tyre, fitting an A rated tyre could save you up to 6 litres of fuel when compared to a G rated tyre.
A tyre's wet grip capacity is expressed in Grades from A to G.
The difference in braking distances between each grade is roughly 3m - an average car length. This makes average stopping distance between an A and G rated tyre 18m. That's 4 car lengths.
The exterior noise grade of a tyre is expressed in decibels - accompanied by one, two or three sound waves, with one wave being the best noise level performance.
To achieve the best grade, a tyre’s noise level must be at least 3dB under the legal limit set by the EU.
The Avon Ice Touring ST tyre has been designed for high performance cars which require specialised high performance winter tyres.
Available in a range of popular wide, low profile 16-inch and 17-inch sizes, the Ice Touring ST is an outstanding performer in the wet thanks in part to the high silica content of the rubber formulation.
The abundance of silica and extensive siping are responsible for keeping the tread blocks flexible at very low winter temperatures which aids grip in the wet and traction in the snow.
Wide spacing of the tread blocks also helps prevent the tread blocks clogging up with snow.
The Ice Touring ST also features an asymmetric tread pattern suitable for performance vehicles.
Features and Benefits
- Available in wide, low-profile sizes to fit high performance cars
- Superb wet weather performance
- Special rubber formulation to give superb grip and handling in winter temperatures
- Provides superior traction in snow, ice, slush and wet
- Gives excellent tyre life
- 16" and 17" sizes to fit popular high performance cars
- Asymmetric tread pattern
- Wide, low-profile styling to complement to CR85 winter line-up
- Marked with 'Severe Snow Conditions' symbol
- Available in H and V speed ratings