Homologated tyres are those that have been approved directly via a manufacturer. These tyres are ones that have met the standards and regulatory requirements of the manufacturer.
The energy lost when a tyre is in motion is known as 'rolling resistance'. This has a direct impact on fuel consumption.
A tyre's rolling resistance score ranges from A to G. Over the life of the tyre, fitting an A rated tyre could save you up to 6 litres of fuel when compared to a G rated tyre.
A tyre's wet grip capacity is expressed in Grades from A to G.
The difference in braking distances between each grade is roughly 3m - an average car length. This makes average stopping distance between an A and G rated tyre 18m. That's 4 car lengths.
The exterior noise grade of a tyre is expressed in decibels - accompanied by one, two or three sound waves, with one wave being the best noise level performance.
To achieve the best grade, a tyre’s noise level must be at least 3dB under the legal limit set by the EU.
The Landsail LS288 is a passenger touring tyre engineered for a quiet ride and offers superior traction.
The LS288 maximizes the pleasure of the road by emphasizing a quiet ride and sure-footed stability, even when the road is wet.
Features and Benefits:
- Wet grip groove design. Four wide longitudinal grooves channel road water, while lateral grooves work to direct it out from under the tyre.
- Silent lateral grooves. By connecting the tyre void areas, these little beauties effectively reduce the "pumping" noise tyres can make at highway speeds.
- Quiet-ride pitch alignment. Optimized tread pitch width and alignment quiet resonance and the road noise it creates.
- Straight-line driving stability. Three continuous circumferential ribs provide excellent highway stability. The small lateral grooves in the center rib improve high-speed performance.
- Heat releasing grooves. The design provides a clear channel for heat to dissipate outwards from the center of the tyre. Less heat means longer wear. The straight-line bar just inside the shoulder also resists irregular tread wear.