Homologated tyres are those that have been approved directly via a manufacturer. These tyres are ones that have met the standards and regulatory requirements of the manufacturer.
The energy lost when a tyre is in motion is known as 'rolling resistance'. This has a direct impact on fuel consumption.
A tyre's rolling resistance score ranges from A to G. Over the life of the tyre, fitting an A rated tyre could save you up to 6 litres of fuel when compared to a G rated tyre.
A tyre's wet grip capacity is expressed in Grades from A to G.
The difference in braking distances between each grade is roughly 3m - an average car length. This makes average stopping distance between an A and G rated tyre 18m. That's 4 car lengths.
The exterior noise grade of a tyre is expressed in decibels - accompanied by one, two or three sound waves, with one wave being the best noise level performance.
To achieve the best grade, a tyre’s noise level must be at least 3dB under the legal limit set by the EU.
The Michelin Primacy HP is specially designed for high performance saloons and luxury vehicles offering perfect handling on wet and dry surfaces and a comfortable and quiet ride together with an excellent tread life.
- Excellent handling characteristics and shorter braking distances, particularly on wet road surfaces
- Low noise levels provide a smooth and comfortable driving experience
- Improved longevity and fuel economy
Features and Benefits
- Supple Yet Rigid: The supple construction of Michelin Primacy HP puts as much rubber in contact with the road as possible, along with a stable tread pattern this provides even wear and long tread life and better handling and significantly reduce rolling resistance and help cut your vehicle's fuel consumption considerably and the low noise levels provide a smooth and comfortable driving experience.
- Elasto Sport: Innovative tread compound, combining Elasto Sport and Full Silica, for better road holding and braking on wet roads.
- Safety On Wet Roads: Optimised braking on wet roads.
- Longer Lifespan: Through its optimised tread design the tyre has a particularly large contact area designed to evenly spread pressure over the contact area leading to even tread wear, maximum safety and longer lifespan
The Michelin Primacy HP has launched as original equipment for over 150 vehicles including Peugeot, Volvo and Ford.