Homologated tyres are those that have been approved directly via a manufacturer. These tyres are ones that have met the standards and regulatory requirements of the manufacturer.
The energy lost when a tyre is in motion is known as 'rolling resistance'. This has a direct impact on fuel consumption.
A tyre's rolling resistance score ranges from A to G. Over the life of the tyre, fitting an A rated tyre could save you up to 6 litres of fuel when compared to a G rated tyre.
A tyre's wet grip capacity is expressed in Grades from A to G.
The difference in braking distances between each grade is roughly 3m - an average car length. This makes average stopping distance between an A and G rated tyre 18m. That's 4 car lengths.
The exterior noise grade of a tyre is expressed in decibels - accompanied by one, two or three sound waves, with one wave being the best noise level performance.
To achieve the best grade, a tyre’s noise level must be at least 3dB under the legal limit set by the EU.
The Avon ZZ5 is an ultra-high performance tyre for driving enthusiasts and high end sports cars
Features and Benefits
- Inner shoulder designed to give high contact pressures to promote balanced treadwear and enhanced wet grip
- Continuous central grooves to ensure efficient water clearance
- Wide continuous outer shoulder gives confident handling in both wet and dry conditions
- IATD Intelligent Asymmetric Tread Design
- Highly loaded silica tread compound combined with state-of-the-art polymer technology for excellent wet & dry traction and handling
- Optinoise technology to ensure a quieter ride
- 2 ply rayon casing and a tuned construction for crisp predictable handling
- Functional rim flange protectors to help protect your alloy wheels from damage
- Newly developed Tri-Arc mould shape for improved contact pressure distribution handling and balanced tread wear*
- Designed, developed, tested and manufactured in Europe
- Tested throughout Europe on tracks and road:
Dynamic high speed durability testing at the Nürburgring Wet and dry performance testing at locations in UK, Spain, Italy and Germany
* When compared to the Avon ZZ3