Homologated tyres are those that have been approved directly via a manufacturer. These tyres are ones that have met the standards and regulatory requirements of the manufacturer.
The energy lost when a tyre is in motion is known as 'rolling resistance'. This has a direct impact on fuel consumption.
A tyre's rolling resistance score ranges from A to G. Over the life of the tyre, fitting an A rated tyre could save you up to 6 litres of fuel when compared to a G rated tyre.
A tyre's wet grip capacity is expressed in Grades from A to G.
The difference in braking distances between each grade is roughly 3m - an average car length. This makes average stopping distance between an A and G rated tyre 18m. That's 4 car lengths.
The exterior noise grade of a tyre is expressed in decibels - accompanied by one, two or three sound waves, with one wave being the best noise level performance.
To achieve the best grade, a tyre’s noise level must be at least 3dB under the legal limit set by the EU.
The Michelin Latitude Tour HP is an all on-road tyre tjat gives you maximum comfort and excellent longevity orientated for 4x4 vehicles.
- Maximum comfort
- Low noise and vibration levels
- Low rolling resistance to reduce fuel consumption
- Many vehicle manufacturer approvals
Features and Benefits
Terrain-proof compound for excellent mileage:
- The 'Terrain-Proof' compound is derived from earth mover tyre technology where abrasion with stones and gravel accelerates wear.
The compound enables both on and off-road driving and resists wear in difficult driving conditions.
StabiliGrip sipes for comfort and safety on wet roads:
- StabiliGrip allows the use of more sipes (better wet grip) whilst still giving tread block rigidity (improved driving precision).
In addition, StabiliGrip sipes are specially positioned to reduce tyre noise.
Supple yet rigid construction for greater safety on wet roads and more mileage
- A supple casing, giving the maximum sized contact patch, combined with a rigid tread pattern ensures an even distribution of pressure across the whole contact patch.