EPRIVACY AND COOKIES
1. WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A cookie is a small file, typically of letters and numbers, downloaded on to your device when you access certain websites or services, including ATS Euromaster websites: www.atseuromaster.co.uk, and https://shop.atseuromaster.co.uk and the ATS Euromaster eShop services. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website or service on each subsequent visit.
Cookies do different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve your experience on the website. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
A cookie itself does not contain or collect information. However, when it is read by a server in conjunction with a web browser it can help a website deliver a more user-friendly service for example, remembering previous purchases or account details.
Cookies are filed in the memory of your browser and each one typically contains:
- The name of the server the cookie was sent from;
- The lifetime of the cookie;
- A value – usually a randomly generated unique number.
The website server that sends the cookie uses this number to recognize you when you return to a site or browse from page to page. Only the server that sent a cookie can read, and therefore use, that cookie.
There are two types of cookies, "session" and "persistent":
- Session cookies allow websites to link your actions during a browser session. They may be used for a variety of purposes such as remembering what you have put in your shopping basket as you browse around a site. They can also be used for security when you are accessing internet payment systems or to facilitate use of webmail.These session cookies expire after a browser session and so are not stored for a longer term. - Persistent cookies are stored on your device in between browser sessions and allow your preferences or actions across a site (or in some cases across different websites) to be remembered. Persistent cookies may be used for a variety of purposes including remembering your preferences and choices when using a site or to target advertising.
Cookies can also be separately categorized as either "first party internet cookies", which originate from the website you are visiting, or "third party internet cookies", which originate from a website other than the one you are visiting.
You can findmore information about cookies at :
For a video about cookies visit www.google.co.uk/goodtoknow/data-on-the web/cookies.
2. WHAT ARE WEB BEACONS AND FLASH COOKIES?
Many websites, including ATS Euromaster websites www.atseuromaster.co.uk and https://shop.atseuromaster.co.uk and the ATS Euromaster eShop services, use web beacons. Web beacons are small pieces of code placed on Web pages that can be used, amongst other things, to count the users who visit that Web page, or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a user viewing that page. You can learn more about web beacons at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/web-beacons/.
Many websites may also use Flash cookies that operate similarly to browser cookies. ATS Euromaster websites www.atseuromaster.co.uk and https://shop.atseuromaster.co.ukand the ATS Euromaster eShop services use Flash cookies.
3. WHICH COOKIES DOES ATS EUROMASTER USE?
ATS Euromaster uses the following cookies to enhance and personalise your experience on ATS Euromaster websites and services :
3.1 Strictly Necessary Cookies
ATS Euromaster uses ID session cookies. ID session cookies are "strictly necessary cookies" insofar as they are essential in order to enable you to move around websites and use their features. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
The ATS Euromaster eShop website and the ATS Euromaster eShop services are using the following strictly necessary cookies:
- ATS Euromaster euromaster
- ID Session cookies are used to register the session ID if you put products in your basket. The purpose of this cookie is to save a basket so that you can recover the basket during a subsequent visit to the ATS Euromaster website or service you are visiting.
3.2 Performance Cookies
These cookies collect information about how you use ATS Euromaster websites and the ATS Euromaster eShop service, for instance, the frequency of your visits, which pages you go to most often, which tabs or buttons were clicked, and if you get error messages from web pages.
ATS Euromaster websites and the ATS Euromaster eShop services are using the following performance cookies:
- Google Analytics
- Crazy Egg
- The Google Analytics cookies are used to register your behaviour on the ATS Euromaster website or service you are visiting, such as the frequency of your visits, which tabs or buttons were clicked etc. More information can be found at:https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsCookies
- The Crazy Egg cookie allows us to obtain information regarding how visitors interact with our website. We can then evaluate the online customer experience and where necessary make changes to provide a better user experience for our customers. The type of information collected will include information about how visitors navigate around our website and the most commonly clicked links on a specific web page, for example. This will not contain any personally identifiable information such as your name, phone and email address. More information can be found here: http://www.crazyegg.com/privacy. You can opt out here: http://www.crazyegg.com/opt-out
3.3 Targeting or advertising cookies
These cookies are used to deliver advertisements more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They remember that you have visited an ATS Euromaster website or eShop services and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers.
ATS Euromaster websites and the ATS Euromaster eShop services are using the following targeting or advertising cookies :
- App Nexus
- Atlas (Microsoft)
- Google Analytics
- Media Innovation Group (MIG)
- Google Adwords Remarketing
- Google Adwords / Double Click
- Bing / Yahoo Advertising (Bing Ads)
- Tag Commander
- The App Nexus cookies are used to remember that you have visited a particular page to show advertising based around the pages you have visited. They are also used to track visits to a page to assist marketing campaign planning. More information can be found at:http://www.appnexus.com/platform-policy
- The Atlas cookies are used to track visits to a page to assist marketing campaign planning. More information can be found at: http://atlassolutions.com/privacy-policy
- The Google Analytics cookies are used to track visits to a page to assist marketing campaign planning. More information can be found at: https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsCookies
- The MIG cookies are used to remember that you have visited a particular page to show advertising based around the pages you have visited. They are also used to track visits to a page to assist marketing campaign planning. More information can be found at: http://www.themig.com/en-us/privacy.html
- The Tradedoubler cookies permit ATS Euromaster to advertise on third party sites such as voucher code and cash back sites. This allows us to offer great deals and discounts to customers at the right time. ATS Euromaster banners or other advertising messages will be displayed on a third-party site and if you click on the advertising display you will be taken to the ATS Euromaster website, where for example a visit and transaction will be tracked. This will not contain any personally identifiable information. More information, including how to opt out, can be found at http://www.tradedoubler.com/uk-en/privacy-policy/ under Part 2: Internet Based Advertising.
- The SurveyMonkey cookies are used to recognise visitors and more quickly provide personalised content or grant you unimpeded access to the website. With cookies enabled, you will often not need to fill in password or contact information. More information can be found at:http://www.surveymonkey.com/mp/policy/privacy-policy/
- The Bing conversion cookie permits us to show adverts across the Bing/Yahoo Network. If you have visited our site via Bing/Yahoo advertising a cookie will be dropped onto your computer so that we can identify whether for example, a visit/transaction was made. This will not contain any personally identifiable information. More information can be found at: http://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/privacy-policy You can opt out of Microsoft's use of advertising cookies by visiting http://choice.microsoft.com/en-us/opt-out
- Tag Commander is a service which we use to manage the deployment of our cookies and pixel tags. It essentially houses all of our third party cookies which collect data that is not personally identifiable. More information, including how to opt-out, can be found here: http://www.tagcommander.com/en/privacy
3.4 Functionality cookies
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced more personal features. For instance a website may be able to provide you with local weather reports or traffic news by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
ATS Euromaster websites and the ATS Euromaster eShop services are using the following functionality cookies :
- Google Maps
- We embed videos from our official YouTube channel using YouTube's privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies on your device once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally-identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode. To find out more please visit YouTube's embedding videos information page. More information can be found at: http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95531
- The Google maps cookies are used to provide you with the address and map of the ATS Euromaster Service Centres More information can be found at: http://www.google.com/help/maps/streetview/privacy.html
4. HOW CAN I CONTROL THE COOKIES USED BY ATS EUROMASTER?
You can control browser cookies through your browser's settings.
You can control Flash cookies via the Macromedia Flash application on your computer, or by going to the Adobe Flash Player website, which allows you to view, modify, and delete Flash cookies.
If you have consented to the placement of cookies in your browser through the banner displayed on the home page of the ATS Euromaster website or eShop services, please be informed that such consent can be withdrawn at any time.
You may delete and block all cookies on our site but parts of the site will not work.
You can disable cookies containing the name "euromaster" by following the instructions below:
If you are using the Internet Explorer browser:
- In Internet Explorer, click on the "Tools" menu, and select "Internet Options".
- In the "General" tab, under "Navigation history", click on "Settings".
- Click on "Display files".
- Click on the column header "Name" to sort all files in alphabetical order, then skim through the list until you see files beginning with the prefix "Cookie". (All cookies have this prefix and usually display the name of the website that created the cookies).
- Select the cookie(s) containing the name "euromaster" and delete them.
- Close the window containing the list of files, then click twice on "OK" to return to Internet Explorer.
If you are using the Firefox browser:
- In the "Tools" menu, select "Options"
- Select "Privacy" and click on "Display cookies".
- Locate and select the cookie(s) containing the name "euromaster" and delete them.
If you are using the Safari browser:
- In your browser select the menu "Preferences".
- Click on "Security".
- Click on "Display cookies".
- Select the cookies containing the name "euromaster" and click on "Delete" or "Delete all".
- After deleting the cookies, click on "End".
If you are using the Google Chrome browser:
- Click on the "Tools" menu icon.
- Select "Options".
- Click on the "Advance options" tab and access the "Privacy" section.
- Click on "Display cookies".
- Locate and select files containing the name "euromaster" and delete them.
- Click on "Close" to go back to your browser.
You can manage cookies using browser controls. For further information about how you can delete and control the cookies that are stored on your computer please see http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html
Please note – we have no responsibility for any external websites.
We reserve the right, at any time, to modify, alter, or update this Cookies Policy from time to time and you should check the Website regularly. Your use of the Website will be deemed an acceptance of the Cookies Policy existing at that time.
This Cookies Policy was lasted updated on 22nd December 2013