Major Car and Van Servicing at ATS Euromaster
A Major vehicle service is the most comprehensive check ATS Euromaster provides. It covers all the same checks in a Full service, but it is a much more thorough inspection. A Major check also replaces any worn parts and looks at brake and coolant fluid, suspension and fuel filters.
What is a Major Car Service?
A Major car service option is an upgrade on the Full service and includes some of the extra and most popular ATS Euromaster services required alongside an annual service. It goes into much more detail and is the most extensive service. A Major service provides additional replacements for worn parts.
What's included in a car service (Major level)?
A Major service includes all the vital checks in a Full service plus:
- a Brake fluid change (recommended every two years by most vehicle manufacturers)
- a Techron performance restorer service1 (i.e. fuel system cleaning treatment that helps to clean, restore and protect your engine's performance)
- the choice of either a:
- 1 litre Mobil oil* top-up pack for the boot or
- a 4 litre AdBlue® top-up (diesel only)
1 Information provided by Chevron Products UK Ltd. Techron is a Chevron company product.
* Subject to Mobil oil making a suitable specification oil. Where Mobil Super or Mobil 1 oil is not available, an alternative suitable specification oil will be used.
ATS Euromaster recommends a Major service upgrade is considered every other year irrespective of mileage driven. This is due to vehicle manufacturers recommending vital services like brake fluid changes every two years, the benefits of a Techron performance restorer service, advantages of having the right oil to top-up with when needed or your AdBlue® tank topped up.
What is included in a Major service?
At ATS Euromaster our Major service includes 49 checks & services to help make sure your vehicle stays at its optimum performance level.
These include (but are not limited to):
- Up to 10 litres of Mobil oil* for the service
- Oil filter change
- Air filter change
- Tyre tread depth, pressure and condition checks
- Multiple brake system checks
- Wheel alignment check
- Brake fluid change
- Techron performance restorer service
- Clutch fluid top up
- Power steering oil top-up
- Screen wash top-up
- Diagnostics ‘warning lights’ check
- Windscreen check
- Bonnet catch, boot and door hinge lubrication
- 13 interior / exterior checks
- 16 engine / under bonnet checks
- 12 under vehicle checks
- Road test (before and after service)
- Service light reset (subject to equipment capability)
- Choice of a 4 litre AdBlue® top up service or a Mobil oil top up pack for your boot.
*Subject to Mobil oil making a suitable specification oil. Where Mobil Super or Mobil 1 oil is not available, an alternative suitable specification oil will be used. Any oil required over 10 litres will be charged extra per litre.
Why do I need a brake fluid change?
Brake fluid is designed with a high boiling point to withstand the extreme temperatures generated during braking. However, it has one major drawback – it absorbs water/moisture over time. The more water in the brake fluid, the lower the boiling point, which increases the risk of “brake fade”. Under heavy driving conditions the brake fluid boils, turns to vapour and the brake pedal goes straight to the floor with no braking action. This is known as “vapour-lock”. The condition of your brake fluid is a vital part of vehicle maintenance and a safety critical service item. Most manufacturers recommend that you change brake fluid every 24 months or 24,000 miles, whichever is sooner.
Why do I need a Techron performance restorer?
Over time, grimy deposits can collect inside your vehicle’s engine and fuel system. Left unchecked, these deposits can result in lower fuel economy, lost power and hesitation during acceleration. Techron is a fuel system cleaning treatment designed for use with both petrol and diesel engines which helps to clean, restore and protect your engine's performance. It can help:
- Maximise your fuel economy
- Restore lost power and acceleration
- Lower your emissions
by returning the vehicle’s performance back to the vehicle manufacturer’s originally designed levels.
How long does a major car service take?
How much is a major car service?
A major car service at ATS Euromaster starts from £205. Your vehicle only needs a major service every two years and it covers all the important vehicle checks.
Why would I need an extra litre of oil or a 4 litre AdBlue® top-up?
Although you’ve just had your vehicle serviced, its handy to have the right specification oil available to top-up when required. Modern engines do use oil, which is why it’s important to check your oil level at least once a month. Having the correct oil for a top-up just makes life easier!
AdBlue® technology is appearing in newer diesel vehicles to help reduce harmful exhaust emissions. The newer the diesel vehicle, the more chance it uses it. But it does depend on manufacturer and model – not all diesels use AdBlue® technology. It’s important not to run low, or run out of AdBlue® as your vehicle can go into limp mode or even fail to start. Our 4 litre top-up service is designed to keep you motoring!
Which Mobil oil should I select with my service?
High quality fresh engine oil helps to make sure that important components in your engine can move freely. Old oil can restrict movement of these parts and over time damage can occur. At ATS Euromaster, we use Mobil oil, due to its superior quality.
Terms and Conditions
- ATS Euromaster Vehicle Servicing consists of multi-point inspections which cover the most common checks covered in vehicle manufacturers' servicing schedules.
- The ATS Service Packages may vary from the servicing requirements of vehicle warranty providers. Where a vehicle is under Warranty (whether new or used) the Customer is advised to check to ensure the Service Package provided by ATS Euromaster will not invalidate the warranty.
- Timing Belts (otherwise referred to as Camshaft Drive Belts) are not physically checked or replaced as part of the ATS Service Packages. Customers are advised to follow the vehicle manufacturers' guidelines for details of when this should be done.
- ATS Euromaster Vehicle Servicing is only available at selected ATS Service Centres. Enter your postcode or town into our store locator to check local availability.
- Different vehicles require different servicing levels depending on the age, make and model of vehicle; please refer to your manufacturer's handbook for detailed information.
- All parts fitted as part of the ATS Service Packages are of matching quality to the original manufacturer parts.
- Vehicle Servicing purchased via www.atseuromaster.co.uk is available to retail customers only.
- The combined MOT and Servicing offer is only available with Class 4 MOT tests.
- Prices vary according to service option selected, engine cc of vehicle, oil and quantity of oil used.
- The price is based on the checks set out in the ATS Euromaster Vehicle Servicing report. Any additional work required will be subject to charge.
- The prices are available for Servicing only.
- The prices stated on the website for Vehicle Servicing are for online purchases and may vary from the prices charged for Servicing purchased direct from the Service Centres.
- If your vehicle requires more than 10 litres of oil, an additional charge will be made per additional litre required.
- ATS Euromaster Vehicle Servicing is not available for all makes and models of vehicles including hybrids or electric vehicles or for HGVs.
- Where Mobil Super or Mobil 1 oil is not available, an alternative suitable specification oil will be used.
- ATS Euromaster Terms and Conditions apply in respect of all offers and all products and services – see Terms and Conditions at www.atseuromaster.co.uk/consumer/terms-conditions.
Please note that images are used for illustration purposes only.